Global IT spending will top $4tn by 2020, largely driven by pervasive digitisation. IoT and security are the biggest opportunity areas, and form the core of ongoing digitisation. Globally, government, manufacturing, and media sectors continue to be the largest spenders on IT, while financial services, retail, and healthcare are leading in terms of growth. Fundamentally the market is attractive with structural growth, constant innovation and fragmentation of supply, resulting in a strong need for events.
Events play an important role in educating users about new tech capabilities. As technology adoption increases, their focus will become more transactional. Keeping events flexible is very important for success as it helps events stay current and meet ever-changing participant needs. The majority of leading new tech events are concentrated in the mature markets US, UK, and Germany.
The new tech event market is fragmented and highly competitive with several stakeholders producing their own events in different formats. The most viable route for event organisers is to explore opportunities for new launches in niches within established technologies. M&A is also a major growth route for organisers. Strategies will change depending on the organisers’ current presence in the segment in which they want to operate.
Sector Globex provides insight into:
- Underlying market and event market drivers and trends; upcoming technologies and event topics
- Evolution cycle of technology events, key success factors and challenges
- Opportunities for organisers to enter the sector or expand their current presence
- Top events and organisers by underlying technology, KPI development, latest strategic initiatives, new launches, etc.
Supports strategic planning
- Do we cover high growth technologies / markets? Where shall we go next?
- Where is growth coming from? What are the drivers?
- Do we need to change our events to adapt to latest market developments?
- How is our competition evolving and what strategic initiatives are being introduced?
Other sectors in the series:
- Fashion and textiles
- Building and construction
- Food and beverage
UFI members / organisers
Full price £1,600 each
If four or more in the series is purchased: £1,300
Full price: £2,000 each
If four or more in the series is purchased: £1,600
*Discount applies on a rolling 12 month basis