The Building and Construction exhibition market
Technology and regulation have helped drive renewed growth in the Building and Construction (B&C) sector post recession. The requirement for product demonstrations and to showcase innovation supports the need for exhibitions in this sector where the impact of technology is accelerating. Environmental regulation remains an important driver, with strong demand for energy efficient and environmentally friendly construction materials and equipment. This also impacts how exhibitions are (re)positioning themselves
It is increasingly apparent that demonstrating ROI for exhibitors is paramount for organisers in mature markets, with accelerated usage of matchmaking services to improve exhibition participant interactions, especially as specifiers have become a sought-after population
Most leading organisers have diversified out of their core regions through cloning, launching and / or acquiring events, driven by growing B&C markets in emerging countries and their relative lack of sophistication. Developing markets in APAC such as Malaysia and Vietnam show good construction market growth and offer potential attractive acquisition or partnership opportunities
Sector Globex is an invaluable series of exhibition industry reports that support the strategic planning process of organisers. The B&C issue provides a global outlook on the underlying market dynamics of the sector and their impact on show performance and visitor behaviour whilst identifying industry challenges and detailing opportunities for growth. The report also looks at the increased influence of emerging markets and the performance of mature markets, whilst providing benchmark data to international organisers
Sector Globex provides insight into:
- Sector size and growth by region and country (largest mature and emerging markets)
- Underlying market and exhibitions market drivers and trends, growth forecast by country; upcoming small high growth markets
- Value chain, exhibitor and visitor universe, major structural developments, changes to event formats and cyclicality
- Top events and organisers, KPI development and market shares, latest strategic initiatives, new launches, etc.
Supports strategic planning
- Do we operate in high growth sectors / markets? Where shall we go next?
- Where is growth coming from? What are the drivers?
- Do we need to change our events to adapt to latest market developments?
Essential reading for:
- CEOs, MDs
- M&A and Corporate Development teams
- Group Exhibition Directors, Show Directors
- Group marketers, Divisional marketers
UFI members / organisers
Full price £1,600 each
If four or more in the series is purchased: £1,300
Full price: £2,000 each
If four or more in the series is purchased: £1,600
*Discount applies on a rolling 12 month basis