AMR helped a world-leading trade show organiser to define its five year strategy
Client and project overview
AMR was asked to assess whether the global trade show market offered UBM the opportunity to grow substantially, whilst maintaining predictable financial performance
- What is the balance of power in the industry?
- What is the source of UBM’s success in events?
- What are the opportunities in UBM’s current sectors?
- In which sectors / regions is the greatest potential?
- What are other major organisers’ strategies?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- Assessed whether an organiser can build a substantial position
- Evaluated the existing portfolio, and the drivers of success
- Assessed and quantified addressable opportunity in-existing sectors – other sectors
- Compared other major organisers’ growth strategies
- AMR was able to demonstrate that UBM had outperformed most competitors on growth and profitability as it benefiting from strong sectors and geographies
- AMR advised on possible acquisition targets which would deliver future growth and sustained performance
- AMR highlighted the implications of potential growth strategies, demonstrating the significant opportunity for organic and acquisition-led growth in a fragmented market