The Wicks Group of Companies’ bolt-on acquisition of Dalmatian Press highlights opportunities in children’s educational products
Client and project overview
AMR was to assess the logic and attractiveness of a merger between Bendon (owned by Wicks, a New York-based private equity fund specialising in information, education and media) and Dalmatian Press.
- Will coloring and activity (C&A) be an attractive market in the next 3 to 5 years?
- Do Bendon and Dalmatian have sustainable competitive advantages?
- What are the prospects for the combined businesses?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- Analysed the C&A sector to identify core product categories
- Researched the main sources of revenues from Bendon and Dalmation
- Defined the channels of distribution to identify which produced the best performance
- AMR identified not just where the value lies in the core market, but also in the key segments.
- AMR also assessed the drivers of growth potential
- AMR’s research segmented customer behaviour and assessed customer satisfaction levels
- AMR’s analysis of the potential competitive advantages and market share gain that would result from the merger, supported the investment and integration plan