AMR supported a petroleum pricing data acquisition by assessingthe security of revenue growth from key customer segments
Client and project overview
AMR supported OPIS, a subsidiary of UCG and a leading source for worldwide petroleum pricing and news, with its acquisitions of LCI and GasBuddy
- What is the quality of the relationships with advertisers and agencies?
- How strong is the SaaS value proposition and potential to convenience store operators?
- What do customers value and will value increase with mobile advertising?
Highlights of AMR methodology
- Focused on UCG /OPIS’ most important commercial issues, assessing the sustainability and growth potential of the target business Developed a clear plan for executing customer research within a short time-frame
- Conducted dozens of conversations with the target’s customers, as well as other market participants, to understand the range of possible competitive and growth scenarios and what impact these would have on the OPIS’ investment thesis
- OPIS /UCG acquired both targets, which offered significant scope to enhance OPIS’ position in the global energy information market. AMR’s findings helped its clients to gain confidence in their investment thesis and unlock value creation potential by defining how to take the acquired assets to the next level of performance