B2B online marketing in the United States: assessment and forecast to 2013
Online spend is set to bounce back following the recession and it is vital for media owners to position themselves to capture their share of future marketing dollars.
AMR's report drills down into the key issues which media owners need to address, using hard data from extensive primary research to back up our findings. This report examines:
• What strategies are needed to succeed as a B2B publisher?
• How will B2B online marketing spending evolve over the next four years?
• What share of B2B marketing budgets does online command compared to other marketing options?
• Which online marketing options will be the winners in the fight for marketing dollars?
• What is the B2B marketer’s mindset and what is their motivation? Does this differ when they move online?
• Are B2B marketers satisfied with online? Do they perceive it as cost effective and / or measurable?
• Do B2B marketers measure ROI when advertising online?
• Are marketers satisfied with their online marketing options? Which do they find effective – paid search, online publications, social media, lead generation websites or advertising networks?
What will this report tell you?
Based on in-depth interviews with marketers and media owners, analysis of proprietary survey data from over 1,000 marketers, and AMR’s unique understanding of B2B media, this report will provide:
• Insights into how media owners can best serve B2B marketers and generate revenue
• B2B online marketing budgets and forecasts
• B2B online channel / product spending and forecasts
• Insight into B2B marketers’ mindsets, goals and needs
• Budget forecasts for paid search, online publications, advertising networks, social media, lead generation, websites, online directories and online marketing services
Key findings include:
• Annual growth in US B2B online marketing spend is forecast at 8% in 2010 and is set to reach 14% by 2012
• B2B advertising spend on social media and lead generation sites is forecast to grow at an annualized rate of 21% and 17% respectively to 2013
• Online accounted for 7% of the B2B marketing mix in 2008. This is set to reach 12% by 2013
• Two thirds of B2B marketers believe that online must be complemented by traditional marketing activities
• Only 50% of B2B marketers formally analyze metrics to judge ROI – but those that do find online marketing more effective
Who will benefit from this report?
The report is for B2B media owners who are interested in learning what their customers really want from online and where they will spend their marketing budgets:
• Chairman / CEO
• SVP Strategy
• SVP Digital Media
This report will also be of benefit to digital marketing professionals in the B2B sphere, including B2B brand advertisers, portals and technology providers.
You can also order this report by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org